The 2017 Continental is a luxury car which has been launched by Ford’s upscale brand, Lincoln. The car has a 400 horse power twin turbo which is one of a kind. The 2017 Continental recently caught the spotlight at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. Though the concept was premiered at the New York International Auto Show last year, the first look of the car was revealed.
And it’s a hit!
There are a few changes incorporated in the car versus what was shown in the concept last year.
Either way, the new Continental will turn heads.
Here’s what’s new…
The many ways that the 2017 Continental is different
- Lincoln has come up with a new signature grille in the front which is uber stylish. The lights are in tune with the luxury quotient of the car. The car shows off its spell binding interiors, plush seating and a 30 way adjustable seat with awesome flexibility. The passengers on the out board and rear seats can enjoy heating, cooling, recline and massage functions.
- The car has rolled out a 19 speaker premium Revel sound system which is totally cool. Also, to enjoy music to the fullest the car features active noise cancellation and acoustic glass to keep unwanted noises from entering the car.
- On the safety front, the Continental has included pre collision assist which engages sensors and cameras to automatically use the brakes to bring the car to stop in case of any crash or reduce the impact during an accident. Parking is made a lot easier with a 360 degree view camera.
- The continental offers two engine options: A 3.0 liter twin turbo V-6 engine which will deliver 400 horse power and 400 pound feet of torque. A 2.7 liter V6 engine, for which more details are not revealed at the moment.
It doesn’t stop there, there’s a lot more!
- Optional all wheel drive
- Six speed automatic handle
- Various drive modes such as : Normal, sport,comfort
- Five seater.
- The car is available in four trim levels : Premiere, Select, Reserve and Black label
- There are themes available like Chalet, Thoroughbred and Rhapsody
- Adaptive cruise control
- Lane keep assist
- Automated parking (parallel and perpendicular)
- Adjustable dampers
- 4 E-latch door handles
All continental models have a six speed automatic transaxle. The look of this luxury car is similar to that of Bentley but has a lot of difference in its features. The latest features such as hand off driving and gesture control are not available in this flagship luxury car.
- Audio – Smart Device Integration, CD Player, AM/FM Stereo, Satellite Radio, Auxiliary Audio Input, MP3 Player
- Locks – Power Door Locks, Keyless Entry
- Mirrors – Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror, Driver Illuminated Vanity Mirror, Passenger Illuminated Visor Mirror, Passenger Vanity Mirror, Driver Vanity Mirror, Mirror Memory, Power Folding Mirrors, Heated Mirrors, Power Mirror(s)
- Tech – Leather Steering Wheel, Keyless Start, Universal Garage Door Opener, Cruise Control, Remote Engine Start, Telematics, Security System, Engine Immobilizer, Rear Parking Aid, Back-Up Camera, Rain Sensing Wipers, Variable Speed Intermittent Wipers, Intermittent Wipers, Automatic Headlights, HID headlights, Fog Lamps, Steering Wheel Audio Controls, Bluetooth Connection, Adjustable Steering Wheel, Trip Computer
- Safety Features – Stability Control, Traction Control, Child Safety Locks, Brake Assist, Integrated Turn Signal Mirrors, Daytime Running Lights
- Air Bags – Front Side Air Bag, Passenger Air Bag, Driver Air Bag, Front Head Air Bag, Rear Head Air Bag, Passenger Air Bag Sensor, Knee Air Bag
A Revolution In Luxury: The 2017 Continental, is expected to arrive this fall. Rumour has it that it is priced at a surprising entry level cost. Buyers are pretty excited to see what the Lincoln Continental 2017 has in store for them!